- Any vendor should be able to show, upon request, documentation issued by the Town Office with the Town Clerk or Town Manager's signature of approval.
- Having obtained a valid vendor license from the Town does NOT require any resident to communicate with or entertain any vendor. It simply means that Town staff has taken a few steps to verify information supplied by the applicant.
- Vendor License Application Form
Active One Year Permits:
Active One Day Permits:
What is a vendor license?
A vendor license is required for any person(s) wanting to sell or offer for sale goods, commodities or services door-to-door OR from a fixed location, other than a permanent structure (such as a vehicle, trailer, car, tent, etc.) within the corporate limits of Emmitsburg. The license is not required of any persons with an established place of business within the Town subject to usual inspection, regulation and taxation or of any person under the age of 18 years of age involved in a fundraising event by a school or non-profit organization. Refer to section 5.04 of the Emmitsburg Municipal Code for more information.
What is the cost of a vendor license?
Vendors can choose between applying for a license for a day(s) or a calendar year. The cost of each is:
• $40 per calendar year (January 1 – December 31)
• $5 per day
How do I apply for a vendor license?
Prospective vendors must submit a completed application for each person who will be conducting the business within Emmitsburg. The completed application, and the following documents, shall be submitted to the Town Clerk and/or Town Manager for review:
1. Completed vendor license application.
2. Copy of government issued photo identification.
3. If the applicant does not have a permanent place of business in the State of Maryland, a copy of a certificate from the State Department of Assessments and Taxation evidencing the fact that the applicant is qualified to do business in the State of Maryland.
Notice of license approval and/or denial will be made to the applicant within ten (10) business days from the date the application is received.