Tuesday September 29, 2020
22 East Main Street - 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Up for Vote:
Mayor and 1 Commissioner Seat
Candidates listed in order of filing.
Candidates for Mayor
1. Donald N. Briggs
2. James Hoover
3. Clifford Lee Sweeney
Candidates for Commissioner
1. Joseph Ritz III
- August 28, 2020: Voters must be registered to vote with Frederick County.
- August 28, 2020: Candidates must file applications and submit financial disclosures with the Town Clerk by 4:00 pm
- September 15, 2020: Last day to request an absentee ballot.
- September 22, 2020: Write in candidates must apply and submit financial disclosures by noon.
- September 28, 2020: Absentee ballots must be returned to the Town office no later than 3:00 pm
- September 29, 2020: Election day.
Virtual Mayoral Candidate Forum
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm Thursday September 3, 2020
Voter registration is handled by the Frederick County Board of Elections. To check your registration status, call the Frederick County Board of Elections at 301-600-8683, or visit the Maryland State Board of Elections.
If you are already registered to vote with the Frederick County Board of Elections at your current Town address, you are automatically registered to vote in the Town Election. However, if you have moved or changed your name since the last election, you must update your Voter Registration with the current information. Voter Registration Forms are available at the Town Office or you can download them online here in English and en Español.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, any voter not wishing to vote in person may request an absentee ballot.
Maryland Voter Registration - English and en Español.
Town absentee ballot request form
Application for candidacy
Financial disclosure form for elections
Election judge application form
Chief Judge: Lynn Orondorff
Judge: Charlotte Mazaleski
Judge: Tammy May
Greeter: Tracy Lewis
Election Day Precautions (COVID-19)
- Two voting booths at least 6 feet apart.
- Tape markings on floor to ensure social distancing inside and outside.
- Gloves and masks provided to judges.
- A tent will be put up to protect voters from elements.
- In addition to the three election judges, a greeter will be present at the door to ensure the following.
- Only two voters allowed in the voting room at any time.
- Face masks required for entry into voting room.
- Voters are required to use hand sanitizer upon entry into voting room.
Chief Judge (1 person) & Election Judges (2ppl) Duties:
- Wipe down voting booth with sanitizer after each voter.
- Collect pens from voters (after voting) and disinfect them for next voters.
- Periodically wipe down ballot box with disinfectant.
- Periodically wipe down sign-in table with disinfectant.
Greeter (1 person):
- Act as outside greeter to ensure no more than two voters inside at any time.
- Manage line at door waiting to vote to ensure social distancing.
- Hand out face masks (as needed) for voters who do not have one prior to entering.
- Have voters use hand sanitizer before entering voting room.