Board of Appeals
|Rich Kapriva||Term Expires 10/17/20|
|Dianne Walbrecker||Term Expires 12/15/22|
|Ronald Lind||Term Expires 2/17/23|
|Wayne Slaughter (Alternate)||Term Expires 4/15/23|
|Patrick Joy (Alternate)||Term Expires 4/15/20|
Authorization and Appointment
Such board shall consist of three members, all of whom shall be taxpayers and residents of the Town. The members of the board of appeals shall be appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Commissioners. Members shall be appointed for a period of three years. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term only. Members of the board shall serve without compensation. Two alternate members shall be appointed to serve when a regular member is absent or otherwise unable to attend.
Meeting of the Board
The members of the board of appeals shall meet at least once each year at such time and place as they may fix by resolution. They shall select one of their members as chairperson and one vice-chairperson, who shall serve on rehear, and until their successors have been selected. Special meetings may be called at any time by the chairperson or in his/her absence, by the vice-chairperson. A majority of the board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Powers of the Board
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged, there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official under the provisions of this title;
- To hear and decide special exceptions in terms of this title;
- To authorize upon appeal in specific cases, such variance from the terms of this title as will not be contrary to the public safety, health and welfare, and will mostly nearly accomplish the purpose and intent of this title.
- 3 Members
- 2 alternates (alternates are welcome, but not required, to attend unless needed)
- Members must be residents of the town
- Appointed by Mayor with consent of Commissioners
- 3 year term, unless filling the remainder of a member who has resigned