As of August 12, 2020 there are 32 reported cases of COVID-19 in the 21727.
Town offices remain closed to walk-in services.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 Weekly COVID-19 Update: Mayor Briggs interview Joe Cliber of Creosote Affects in located Emmitsburg.
Next update Wednesday August 19th with special guest . Watch live on channel 99 or view the recording afterward.
EXPANDED MASKING ORDER. With the unanimous support of the Maryland Coronavirus Recovery Team, Governor Hogan is expanding the statewide masking order that has been in effect since April 18. Under this order, which takes effect Friday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m., all Marylanders over the age of five are required to wear face coverings in the public spaces of all businesses across the state. Face coverings will also be required in outdoor public areas, whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. The expanded order continues to provide certain exceptions, including for medical conditions. Read the governor’s order.
OUT-OF-STATE TRAVEL ADVISORY. Governor Hogan has directed the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) to issue a public health advisory for out-of-state travel. Under this advisory, Marylanders are strongly advised against traveling to states with positivity rates of 10% or higher. Anyone traveling from these states should get tested and self-quarantine while awaiting results.
This public health advisory—which takes effect immediately—applies to personal, family, or business travel of any kind. Marylanders are advised to postpone or cancel travel to these areas until their positivity rates decline.
As of today, this advisory applies to Florida, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Alabama, South Carolina, Nebraska, and Idaho. Read the travel advisory.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout Town parks and trails for the safety of the community. If you find a sanitizing station is empty or out of order please email email@example.com.
- Out of an abundance of caution, the Emmitsburg Pool will remain open to 21727 residents only. Patrons must wear face masks in order to enter the pool house. Patrons are required to wear face masks when inside the bathhouse and when speaking to staff members. All other times masks are not required. Face masks cannot be worn in the pool due to safety concerns. Full details on pool entry and rules can be found on the Emmitsburg Community Pool page.
- Are wondering what to expect when you go to a restaurant or stay at a hotel? Go directly to the source for updates at https://open.maryland.gov/backtobusiness/.
- Tuesday July 14, 2020 Letter to County Leaders from Governor Hogan (pdf).
- The pool parking lot is designated for pool patrons only beginning July 3, 2020.
- COVID-19 Testing: The Frederick County Health Department is providing free testing at the Seton Center (226 E. Lincoln Avenue) every other Tuesday from Noon - 2:00 pm, including Tuesday July 28th. Open to the public. Face coverings and physical distancing required. No documentation needed. Testing is FREE. No insurance or doctor's note required. You don't have to be sick. Results within 7 days. Full details here.
Parking enforcement resumed in the Town of Emmitsburg on July 6, 2020 at 9:00 AM. Metered parking is in effect Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Parking Passes are available for purchase for $115.00 for six months or $60.00 for three months.
Town of Emmitsburg Small Business Micro Grant has entered phase 2, which extends the deadline to August 1, 2020. More details here.
- Resources for Local Businesses.
SUMMARY OF TOWN COVID-19 RESPONSE:
The town office remains closed to walk-in services until further notice. Town staff will be available by phone (301-600-6300) or email Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The town office will be closed Fridays. Town staff will continue to monitor all voicemails and emails outside of business hours.
Cancellations & Closings:
- Playgrounds in the Town parks have been reopened. Please remember social distancing and hand washing guidelines.
- All Town Meetings will be virtual until further notice.
- The grand opening of the Emmitsburg Disc Golf Course has been postponed to September 26, 2020.
- National Night Out, originally scheduled for August 4, 2020 has been postponed to October 6, 2020.
- The Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Show, 2020 Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend, Thurmont Colorfest, Frederick In the Streets and Frederick County Fair have all been canceled.
- Second quarter water/sewer/trash bills were mailed on June 30, 2020 with a due date of August 5, 2020.
- The first quarter water/sewer/trash bills were mailed on May 18, 2020. Due to the delayed mailing, the water bill due date was extended to June 24, 2020. The mailing of the bills is delayed however the billing period remains the same.
- We recently installed an additional drop box. Its located at the rear of the Emmitsburg Community Center (near the double glass doors) and can be used for water/sewer bill payments. If you would like a receipt, please write your phone number or email address on your payment for staff.
For questions about your water/sewer/trash bill contact Reese Fryer at 301-600-6317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water, sewer and public works services will remain operative; however, employees will have limited working hours.
- Rainbow Lake fishing permits will be available by email only. Any person wishing to get a fishing permit should email a copy of their state issued fishing license to email@example.com.
- Basic zoning permits are available online. Refer to the permitting page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Frederick County launched a new online dashboard that allows the public to track local COVID-19 statistics. The dashboard includes charts and data about testing, cases, and hospitalizations, which will be updated daily. Visit the Frederick County COVID-19 page and click statistics.
Individuals and families who are in need of essential supplies or services, please reach out to your elected officials or town staff (301-600-6300 or email@example.com). A list of elected officials can be found on the Mayor & Board of Commissioners page. Help is also available from the VHC Fire Hall at 301-447-2728. Masks are also available at the fire hall. You may also text 240-446-4007 for help.
- FCPS Meals-to-Go distributes “to-go” meals from a school bus at Jubilee parking lot from a school bus on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10am - Noon. Check the FCPS Meals-to-Go webpage for updates.
Maryland Coronavirus Page (here you can find latest number of reported COVID-19 cases).
Make your own cloth face coverings (CDC YouTube Video).
- Frederick County Coronavirus - COVID-19 Resources Page
- Resources for Local Businesses
Local Job Opportunities
- Job Postings (current postings from: Metro Protect, Thermo Fisher, CVS, Weis Market , The Common Market, Way Station)
- Resume Review (resumes reviewed online by a certified professional resume writer)
- Mock Interviews (free mock interviews by phone to help job-seekers)