Town offices remain closed to walk-in services.
General Inquiries call 301-600-6300 or email email@example.com for service.
301-600-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
301-600-6317 or email@example.com
For Planning & Zoning: 301-600-6309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking & Code Enforcement Inquiries: 301-600-6303 or email@example.com
Fishing Permits: email fishing license firstname.lastname@example.org or put a copy in the drop box.
Consistent with federal guidelines, Maryland is in Phase 2B of its vaccine distribution plan. As of Tuesday April 6, 2021 all Maryland residents ages 16 and over are eligible. For more information about eligibility and pre-registration visit the Maryland Vaccine Page.
Emergency Orders & Legal Guidance
Hogan Administration Emergency Response
Maryland's Coronavirus Business Response
Frederick County Joint Information Center for COVID-19
For concerns about a business, please email FCHDBusinessInfo@FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-6200.
Vaccine eligibility beginning Tuesday April 6, 2021 (image - April 5)
Frederick County Board of Health Revised Health Regulations (March 23)
Expansion of Rental Assistance (March 9)
Lifting of Capacity Limitations (March 8)
FCHD Video Guide on Vaccine Appointment Setting (January 21)
Giant Food COVID-19 Vaccinations (January 21)
Frederick County JIC Press Release Vaccine Update (January 21)
New Vaccine Interest/Pre-Registering System for COVID-19 Vaccine in Frederick County (January 19)
Frederick County Food Distribution App (December 22)
Frederick County EO 07-2020 for Indoor Recreation Establishments (December 10)
COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (view pdf)
Governor Hogan Executive Order Regulating Certain Businesses and Facilities and Generally Requiring Use of Face Coverings (November 17)
Frederick County Board of Health Sets New COVID-19 Regulations (November 12)
New Grant Opportunities to Assist Certain Businesses Announced by Executive Gardner (November 5)
Allowing Reopening of Certain Businesses and Facilities (October 16)
Evictions, Repossessions, and Foreclosures (October 16)
Renewal of State of Emergency (October 6)
Frederick County Revised Executive Order No. 06-2020 (October 2) regarding Foodservice Establishments from the previous announcement on Sept. 21
Town of Emmitsburg Small Business Grant (Applications now being accepted)!
Expanded Masking Order: With the unanimous support of the Maryland Coronavirus Recovery Team, Governor Hogan is expanding the statewide masking order that has been in effect since April 18. Under this order, which takes effect Friday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m., all Marylanders over the age of five are required to wear face coverings in the public spaces of all businesses across the state. Face coverings will also be required in outdoor public areas, whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. The expanded order continues to provide certain exceptions, including for medical conditions.
Out of State Travel Advisory: Governor Hogan has directed the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) to issue a public health advisory for out-of-state travel. Under this advisory, Marylanders are strongly advised against traveling to states with positivity rates of 10% or higher. Anyone traveling from these states should get tested and self-quarantine while awaiting results.
Frederick County COVID-19 Dashboard
Frederick County Health Department COVID-19 page (full list of testing centers provided)
- COVID-19 Testing: The Frederick County Health Department is providing free testing at the Vigilant Hose Co Activities Building Seton Center (17701 Creamery Rd.) every other Tuesday from Noon - 2:00 pm, including Tuesday February 23rd. Open to the public. Face coverings and physical distancing required. No documentation needed. Testing is FREE. No insurance or doctor's note required. You don't have to be sick. Results within 7 days.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout Town parks and trails for the safety of the community. If you find a sanitizing station is empty or out of order please email email@example.com.
- Are wondering what to expect when you go to a restaurant or stay at a hotel? Go directly to the source for updates at https://open.maryland.gov/backtobusiness/.
- Tuesday July 14, 2020 Letter to County Leaders from Governor Hogan (pdf).
- Resources for Local Businesses.
SUMMARY OF TOWN COVID-19 RESPONSE:
The town office remains closed to walk-in services until further notice. Town staff will be available by phone (301-600-6300) or email Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The town office will be closed Fridays. Town staff will continue to monitor all voicemails and emails outside of business hours.
- Playgrounds and pavilions in the Town parks are open. Please remember social distancing and hand washing guidelines. Use the hand sanitizing dispensers.
- All Town Meetings will be virtual until further notice.
- Water, sewer and public works services will remain operative; however, employees will have limited working hours.
- Rainbow Lake fishing permits will be available by email only. Any person wishing to get a fishing permit should email a copy of their state issued fishing license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basic zoning permits are available online. Refer to the permitting page or email email@example.com for more information.
- Frederick County launched a new online dashboard that allows the public to track local COVID-19 statistics. The dashboard includes charts and data about testing, cases, and hospitalizations, which will be updated daily. Visit the Frederick County COVID-19 page and click statistics.
Individuals and families who are in need of essential supplies or services, please reach out to your elected officials or town staff (301-600-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org). A list of elected officials can be found on the Mayor & Board of Commissioners page. Help is also available from the VHC Fire Hall at 301-447-2728. Masks are also available at the fire hall. You may also text 240-446-4007 for help.
- FCPS Meals-to-Go distributes “to-go” meals from a school bus at Jubilee parking lot from a school bus on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10am - Noon. Check the FCPS Meals-to-Go webpage for updates.
Maryland Coronavirus Page (here you can find latest number of reported COVID-19 cases).
Make your own cloth face coverings (CDC YouTube Video).
- Frederick County Coronavirus - COVID-19 Resources Page
- Resources for Local Businesses
Local Job Opportunities
- Job Postings (current postings from: Metro Protect, Thermo Fisher, CVS, Weis Market , The Common Market, Way Station)
- Resume Review (resumes reviewed online by a certified professional resume writer)
- Mock Interviews (free mock interviews by phone to help job-seekers)