ETHICS COMMISSIONTim Clarke, Chairperson
Appointed May 4, 2020
Appointed December 6, 2016
Appointed March 1, 2021
- 3 Members
- Appointed by Mayor w/advice and consent of Commissioners
- No term limitations
The Ethics Commission shall:
- Devise, receive, and maintain all forms required by this chapter;
- Develop procedures and policies for advisory opinion requests and provide published advisory opinions to persons subject to this chapter regarding the applicability of the provisions of this chapter to them;
- Develop procedures and policies for the processing of complaints to make appropriate determinations regarding complaints filed by any person alleging violations of this chapter; and
- Conduct a public information program regarding the purposes and application of this chapter.
- A town attorney shall advise the commission.
- The commission shall certify to the state ethics commission on or before October 1 of each year that the town is in compliance with the requirements of state government article, title 15, subtitle 8, Annotated Code of Maryland, for elected local officials.
- The commission shall determine if changes to this chapter are required to be in compliance with the requirements of state government article, title 15, subtitle 8, Annotated Code of Maryland, and shall forward any recommended changes and amendments to the board of commissioners for enactment.
- The commission may adopt other policies and procedures to assist in the implementation of the commission's programs established in this chapter.
A complaint can be filed if a person believes an elected official or Town staff member is violating the Town’s Ethics Code (Chapter 2.32). The form can be downloaded here.