The following information has been gathered from the Maryland Dept of Health Website. There are currently 9 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Maryland.
Currently people are at risk who:
• Recently traveled to geographic areas of concern
• Have close, personal contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19
• Care for people with COVID-19.
The following practices are recommended to slow the spread of respiratory illnesses like colds and viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using standard cleaning practices
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• If you are sick, stay home, except when seeking medical care.