PUBLIC NOTICE FROM THE DESK OF MAYOR BRIGGS:
Effective March 30, 2020: Following the Governor’s recommendations, the following additional actions are being taken:
· The town office will continue to have reduced hours and be closed to walk-in services. Town staff will be available by phone (301-600-6300) or email only Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The town office will be closed Fridays. Town staff will continue to monitor all voicemails and emails outside of business hours.
· The April 18, 2020-yard waste drop-off has been canceled.
· The April 18, 2020 bulk trash has been canceled. We are working with Republic Services to schedule another date.
· The April 20, 2020 town meeting has been canceled.
· The first quarter water bills will be mailed out by May 4, 2020. Due to the delayed mailing, the water bill due date has been extended to June 10, 2020.
· Rainbow Lake fishing permits will be available by email only. Any person wishing to get a fishing permit should email a copy of their state issued fishing license to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two business days for processing. Issued permits will only be valid is signed and dated.
· Basic zoning permits are available online. Please visit www.emmitsburgmd.gov or email email@example.com for more information.