Community Park –– located along Willow Drive
For GPS: 201 W. Lincoln Avenue, 21727
Community Park covers 59.14 acres.
Community Park Amenities Include:
- New Inclusive Playscape for children
- A covered pavilion with picnic tables that may be reserved for functions
- Ball fields
- Swimming Complex
- Tennis Court
- Horse shoe pit
- Bike Racks
During the summer, many community events are scheduled in Community Park including concerts, ice cream social, puppet shows, library program, and Community Heritage Day which is usually scheduled for the last Saturday in June. Community Heritage Day is organized and sponsored by the Emmitsburg Lions Club.
Emmitsburg Community Park is equipped with an all-inclusive playground. The new playground features wheelchair accessible gliders, musical percussion play, multi-user cloud swings, bonded rubber flooring, sun shades and more! Many thanks to the Catoctin Area Civitan Club, Maryland Department of Natural Resources and Playground Specialists, Inc. for making this possible.
Constructed in Fall of 2019
Coming Soon: All New Disc Golf Course!
The Board of Commissioners approved the Disc Golf course design. The project is 100% grant funded from Community Parks & Playgrounds. Special thanks to FredRock Disc Golf for their assistance with the design.
To reserve a pavilion:
Fill out a pavilion reservation request form and submit to the Town office with reservation fee. You may want to contact the Office ahead of time to check park availability at email@example.com or 301-600-6300.
$75 for Emmitsburg residents (verified by State ID)
$125 for non-residents
Reservation includes use of facilities, bathrooms and utilities.
Reservations are rain or shine. Refunds will not be granted for cancellations made within 10 days of reservation date.
$25 of reservation fee will be returned upon inspection of the facilities by Town staff.
You can pay in person via cash, credit card or check; over the phone via credit card or with a check through the mail.
Non-profits are exempt from the park pavilion fee as long as the non-profit user does not charge admission and the event is not a fundraiser. Proof of federal 501(c)(3) status may be required. All non-profit organizations are required to submit a $125 security deposit that will be returned if the pavilion and/or bathrooms are left in good condition.
Reservation fees are in accordance with Policy P17-02 passed on 3/6/2017.
In order to be eligible for a partial refund, the park must be left in good condition and the following items completed before leaving:
- Bathrooms straightened. No trash on the floor. Please refill any empty paper products (e.g. paper towels, toilet paper). Extra paper products and trash bags are available in the storage closet between the men and women’s bathrooms.
- Trash cans must be emptied, bags placed in the dumpster and a new trash bag inserted in the trash can. Do not leave trash in the bathroom or pavilion trash cans.
- Keys provided: Restrooms, supply closet, electric box (Community Park only) and water spigot. Please lock everything up before leaving.
- Keys returned to the town office within two business days.
- No alcohol on the property. No vehicles on the grass.
- You must sign keys out for the facilities during normal business hours prior to your event. No keys = no bathrooms or power.
Town staff will not be available evenings, weekends or holidays for non-emergency issues.
Garden plots are available in Community Park for just a $20 deposit each year.
Deborah Fragale & her grandchildren look like they are ready for and afternoon in the garden!
It's a great opportunity for children to learn about how things grow.