Rules For the Emmitsburg Dog Park
1. All dogs must have a valid Frederick County or out of district license and current rabies tag in order to use the Town of Emmitsburg dog park.
2. The park is designed to allow larger dogs on one side, and smaller dogs on the other.
3. No female dogs in heat.
4. No dogs under four months of age.
5. Owner / handler may have no more than two dogs at one time.
6. All owners / handlers must be 16 years old or older.
7. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years old or older.
8. Dogs shall be removed at the first sign of aggression. Aggressive dogs shall not be permitted within the park. An “aggressive dog” is defined as a dog(s) posing a threat to human beings or other animals. Handlers are legally responsible for their dog(s) and any injury caused by them.
9. Owner / handler shall carry a leash at all times. Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
10. Owner / handler must clean up after their dog(s).
11. No food, no smoking, no glass containers.
12. No professional dog training or grooming.
13. Owner / handler must remain inside gate within view of dog(s) at all times.
14. Owner / handler must fill in holes created by their dog(s).
15. Excessive barking will not be tolerated. Persistent barking will require dog(s) to be removed from the premises.
Dog Park Hours: 6:00 a.m. to one-half hour after sunset.
Current list of donors
All donations will be recognized!
The Town of Emmitsburg is building a dog park as an additional amenity to the Community Park. The park will be located west of the tennis courts (see map) and split into two sections: small dogs (35lbs and less) and large dogs (36lbs and more). A double-gated entry on each side will help assure the safety of your pets.
The park will be funded by a grant received from the State of Maryland, but additional money is needed to purchase necessary amenities (i.e. benches, signage, water fountains, trash cans, pick-up bags, and possibly doggy playground equipment). Any donations will help us achieve our goal of providing a quality dog lover facility for our community. Our hope is to raise $15,000. All donations will be acknowledged on the town website. Please view the “Levels of Giving” for more information.
Thank you for your support!
All donations will be recognized on the Town website donors list.
- Dog Drinking Fountain: $2,000 (2 needed)
- Pet Waste Station: $450 (5 needed)