Watershed Conditions of Use (Fishing)
The 8 acre Rainbow Lake is located just 3.3 miles from Emmitsburg, MD. You need a free permit issued by the town in addition to your state fishing license. To obtain this permit, go to the Emmitsburg Town Office with your fishing license. The reason for this is that Rainbow Lake is a conservation area and provides water to the surrounding community. Therefore, there is no boating, swimming or camping allowed in the vicinity of the lake.
Fishermen will find a variety of fish including catfish, largemouth bass, rainbow trout, brown trout, bream and bluegill here. Whether you’re spinning, bait casting or fly fishing your chances of getting a bite here are good. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to Rainbow Lake. For Fishing License purchase, fishing rules, and fishing regulations please visit Maryland State Dept of Natural Resources.
Watershed Conditions of Use (Hunting)Designated areas for hunting and safety zones
**********2021 - 2022 HUNTING SEASON*********
- Friday September 10, 2021 is the opening day of deer hunting season.
- Hunting is permitted Monday - Saturday during the following times (EXCEPT SUNDAYS):
- September 10, 2021 - February 3, 2022
- April 16, 2022 - May 23, 2022
- NO HUNTING ON SUNDAYS (trails will be open to hikers & bikers)
- DNR general guidelines permit hunting on certain Sundays in certain areas. None of the dates or areas apply to Town of Emmitsburg owned grounds.
- Last day of hunting is Monday May 23, 2022.